Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Feelings.., memories...

Todos possuem lembranças de velhos a
Quem nunca carregou consigo memórias de relacionamentos passados, memórias tão aterradoras e presentes na sua vida, como um certo cheiro, uma certa música, um certo lugar, que chegam a assombrar.


I was in the car listening to "Don't Panic" from Coldplay and a warm pleasant feeling came to me, a feeling that has nothing to do with the lyrics or de melody, but with my memories related with that specific song, of another time, another state. Then it hit me, where this came from? I try to go back in time more and more trying to emulate the feelings I have when I was in love listening to old songs, but as sad as this it I could not. I was forgetting "sentimental memories" but what is this anyway? We can thing in our Body(only our "material body" I'm saying) like a machine, the interaction, the filter we use to understand and interact with the Reality, we can be fooled be this machine if the world give us wrong parameters, like in a optical illusion or in the infinite cases we are in some altered state, excited, drugged, fearful, etc. But all this I have said is just outside interference to the machine, we have another part that I will call here "Mind", I will use here to refere to the part of ourselves that tell the Body what to do, maybe the soul, something that don't have a way to interact with the real, needing the material Body to know what is going on, that said, we have three parts in our system, a "Mind", a "Body" and the "Reality". The question I raised here is: From where come the stimulation to our feelings related with a memory of old feelings?
How we forgot this? My Body was stimulated by the song, my ears, then this made my brain "remember" something, but when does this reach my Mind? When the outside stimulation made my Body release the right hormone that recreate that sensation? What is that sensation? What happen in the interface Body-Mind? In my life I have come to believe this is a result of hormones or other Body influence, but in this case where in my brain this happens? Do the brain keep feelings? Does we have any kind of control over it? It's amazing that I can emulate, remember old feelings and revive then for a brief period, but it's even sadder then remember the lost love is not remember, have forgot the sensation, not that I don't remember how it is, but even if I can explain the utterly joy I have felt, I cannot feel it again. This association, the job that we put upon our brains (that for me is the interface between Mind and Body) is extremely hard, the point here is to say that we don't have only stimulation from the Reality, not only tasting, seeing, hearing, touching, smelling but also "feeling", sensations that are not only hormones, that doesn't came from our Body but came from our Mind. In that way I repeat myself saying that the Mind can never touch the world, not the present, or the past, or the future, our Body can only sense and interfere with the "present", but our Mind makes it possible to our Body, not to interfere, but to sense the past.
With our memories of feelings we can touch the past as it if was our present.


"It's a great thing when you realize you still have the to ability to suprise yourself. It makes you wonder what else you can do, that you have forgotten about."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.